Thursday, September 13, 2012

Neat Stuff for the Weekend

So I don't have kids yet, but hopefully someday I will :) I thought it might be fun to do a weekly post of fun things that I would do with my kiddos if I had any. And since I don't, I can live vicariously through yours!

Not only can you provide a fun experience for your kids with the activities in my posts, but it will link to their success in school as well. Since we write about true events (things that are close to our hearts), the more experiences they have to pull from, the more stories they have access to to write about! Also, making connections to reading is a huge skill all readers should have. When they have experiences to connect to, they may have an easier time making connections while reading. They also may be creating, problem solving, designing, thinking and using creativity with these activities. These are just a few examples of how doing these activities can connect to academic performance, and plus... they are just plain fun!

So, if you must know I am addicted to Pinterest, so I find most of the activities on that site! Warning... if you are not on/have never heard of Pinterest until now, set aside some time and beware of addiction!

I'll start off with something that will look like a blast to any 6 or 7 year old. This was a photo on chive.com and it looks like it only takes a duvet cover and a fan. How fun to read or play inside this "tent!"








Happy camping!